[Stellar-discuss] f95 + c + Ruby = okay on Mac. But what about linux?

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 29 17:57:56 GMT 2005

Hi Evert,

Thanks for picking up the ball on the linux side for this.  I've
changed things so that there is no main() in c anymore -- instead of
that, there is a little fortran "program" file, ffun.main.f, that
just calls the c start routine.  I removed -lobjc and -ldl without
problems, but when I tried to change -lruby to -lruby-static, the
system loaded, but hung up on one of the calls to setup ruby.  So for
the Mac at least, I'm leaving it as -lruby.

Thanks again,
Bill