[Stellar-discuss] MODEST 6d 2-day framework workshop in Amsterdam

Simon Portegies Zwart spz at science.uva.nl
Thu Feb 2 09:13:26 GMT 2006

Dear MODEST friend,

Your are invited to participate in the MODEST-6d framework workshop on
27 and 28 March 2006 on constructing interfaces for multidisciplinary
modeling software.  The meeting will be held at the Astronomical
Institute 'Anton Pannekoek' of the University of Amsterdam, in the
Netherlands (http://www.astro.uva.nl/).

This 2-day meeting will have a rather specialized character in
particular on questions related to the technical details to which
software interfaces should comply in order to work efficiently and
reliably in a larger simulation environment.  We are in particular
interested in interfaces between stellar dynamics, stellar evolution
and hydrodynamics.

It is our intention to bring together several specialized researchers
to work for the duration of the meeting on writing such interfaces.
We encourage you to bring a toy code related to your preferred
simulation technique and on which we can start to work. With a
selection of several of such toy codes we can start to construct a
working environment. An example of such an toy code can be found in
the McScatter package (http://manybody.org/manybody/McScatter.html)
You are invited to bring one student along to join the discussion.

We made a black-booking at a local hotel for a reasonable price. If
you have made-up your mind, you plan to come to the meeting and you
are in need for a place to stay, please contact the secretariat of the
astronomical institute at: secr-astro at science.uva.nl. Our block
booking expires on 6 February 2006.