[Stellar-discuss] Stellar evolutioncode frontend

Robert Izzard R.G.Izzard at phys.uu.nl
Thu Jan 26 22:24:34 GMT 2006

 Dear Piet and all,

> Where is the real entry point?
> Is it  http://www.phys.uu.nl/~izzard/window/INSTALL  ?

That's a good place to start, I updated the code this evening and it's far less buggy (and shorter) than it was. Everything you require is in that directory, and if it's not please let me know so I can fix it. There are some perl modules you need (some are mine) but they're easy to install, and INSTALL now has info for people who  cannot install perl modules as root.

Please be warned that it is still very much in the testing phase, many things will go wrong! But the code is well commented, or at least the Perl part of it is :-)

> Rob, are you also on this stellar-discuss list?

I am now :)

> I'm curious to hear more about CIQuA!

A good place to start is www.ciqua.org  - there are a couple of articles in the Times Higher Education Supplement as well (from November, see e.g. www.thes.co.uk - you can get a trial subscription for free, then just search for "ciqua" in the archives). We're hoping to relocate the computers soon because the cambridge folks (I assume the administrators, not the astronomers) have pulled the plug, much to Ross' annoyance I am sure as they were much better than the Suns, but that's negotiation in progress.

cheers
rob

--
Dr. Robert Izzard
http://www.astro.uu.nl/~izzard R.G.Izzard at phys.uu.nl
Tel: +31 (0)30 253 5208 Fax: +31 (0)30 253 5201