[Stellar-discuss] MODEST-7b

Steve McMillan steve at kepler.physics.drexel.edu
Tue Nov 28 23:54:12 GMT 2006

Dear colleague,

   This is a reminder that the MODEST-7b workshop will take place at
Drexel University, Philadelphia, on January 18-21, 2007.  For more
information, please go to the (evolving) workshop web page

        http://manybody.org/modest/Workshops/modest-7b.html

(Note that the workshop dates differ slightly from those previously
advertised on this page.)

    The first three days of the meeting will be in the traditional
MODEST format, with few formal talks each day (1-2 per session), setting
the scene for informal discussions of topics of broad interest.  One
such topic which I hope we will address will be progress on the 1-year
"MODEST questions" defined last December at MODEST-6a, in Lund.

    A theme of MODEST-7b will be comparison of simulations with
observations, and calibration and interoperation of codes, and the final
day will be devoted to a focused, hands-on workshop on the MUSE project
(http://london.science.uva.nl:8000/muse), with the goals of adding new
modules and functionality to the existing framework and defining the
specifications of a more comprehensive environment.

    As usual, there will be no registration fee, no proceedings, and
minimal structure.  However, if you are planning on (or thinking of)
attending, please send e-mail to me at steve at physics.drexel.edu to let
me know your plans.

    I look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia in January!

Regards,

Steve McMillan

[P.S. Sorry if you have received this more than once!]

--
Stephen L. W. McMillan, Professor of Physics, Drexel University
+1 215-895-2723, FAX +1 215-895-5934, steve at physics.drexel.edu