Minutes of SRCF executive meeting, 17th May 2015
The meeting was held on Friday 17th May 2015, between 2pm and 4pm, at St. Catharine's College, St. Chad's, Cambridge.
- Souradip Mookerjee (Chair, Sysadmin,
- Dexter Chua (Secretary, Sysadmin,
- Lev Livnev (Junior Treasurer, Sysadmin,
- Charles Board (Co-opted,
- Daniel Richman (Sysadmin,
Signing of HSBC forms
- We were not sure which of the current secretary (Dexter) or the secretary-during-AGM (Daniel) should be signing the forms.
- We photocopied the forms and both signed a copy.
Alto disk failure
- Alto had a disk failure in April. It costs about 60 pounds to replace
- Alto currently runs on RAID 10 with 6 disks, which means if we experience another disk failure, we have one-in-five chance that Alto will be broken (assuming each disk has equal likelihood of failing).
- Alto is used to run Cyclone in the Xen pool. However, the disk are only used to boot XenServer and hypothetically contain backups of other VMs, which are currently alive and functioning.
- The committee sees no need in purchasing a new disk.
- New disk will not be purchased unless we see a use for it.
- Worst-case scenario is that XenServer has to be reinstalled.
- We should email the relevant parties as soon as possible.
- We have missed the deadline for booking Trinity Hall Fellow's Garden, but we might be able to get Trinity Hall Wychfield
- Proposed date and time is 12th June, 2015, 1300 to 1600
- We plan to order Pizza from Perfect Pizza
- Action Souradip: Email OpenMarket for sponsorship.
- Action Malcolm: Attempt to book Trinity Hall Wychfield
- We will focus on recruiting sysadmins, as there is not much point in recruiting new members
- Action Lev: Book a stall in Fresher's Fair.
Any other business
- The committee advises that we keep a sufficiently powerful box off-site in case something goes wrong and pip gets destroyed.
- Action Sysadmins: Update the inventory page on the wiki.
- Action Malcolm: Ask Bob to help organize a machine room tour
- Update the inventory page on the wiki.
- Book a stall in Fresher's Fair.
- Ask Bob to help organize a machine room tour
- Attempt to book Trinity Hall Wychfield
- Email OpenMarket for Garden Party sponsorship.