fortran95 or c for a new stellar evolution program?

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 25 18:56:00 GMT 2005

Hi Ross,

> I can do this straightforwardly if needs be.

Go for it!

> When I was working with both in one code I seem to remember finding
>
> http://www.math.utah.edu/software/c-with-fortran.html
>
> useful.

Thanks.  I'll take a look.

> Presumably if we make it work with gcc then it'll work under cygwyn
> for mad
> people that want to use Windows :-)

I've actually had one poor soul email me about using EZ under cygwin
-- I told him he'd be the first, and I haven't heard back from him
again.   If it falls out that things work on cygwin for no extra
effort, fine.  But it doesn't seem worth any extra effort.  I feel
the same about solaris (but please don't tell my friends at Sun).

BTW: I'm sure we all realized that your comment about "suffering the
Eggleton code" was in jest, as was my response.  But I also wanted to
take the opportunity to bow to Mecca by acknowledging Eggleton's
accomplishment with that system, even as we all work together to make
it obsolete.

Bill