[Stellar-discuss] n processors

Piet Hut piet at ias.edu
Wed Jan 18 10:32:44 GMT 2006

Hi Ross:

Greetings from Tokyo, where Jun Makino and I just had
a good look at your toy stellar evolution code.
Thanks for putting that up !  It looks quite nice.
In fact, we bet that the results look not bad at all,
when you plot it with on an HR diagram, the same way
as you did with your real stellar evolution code, in
Lund (you give the luminosity and the radius, so you
can get the effective temperature).
Have you tried that?

The next step will be for someone to write a
stellar dynamics code that calls your functions;
it could be a large (legacy) code or a toy code,
or whatever.

Simon, are you interested, or one of your students?
Anyone else?

Greetings from Jun,

Piet