Welcome to the SRCF
The Student-Run Computing Facility (SRCF) exists as a university society to provide useful and flexible computing and network services, for University of Cambridge staff and students of all degrees of ability.
Individuals may join the SRCF as members, which provides user access to our servers. For any groups of people wanting to collaborate, we offer shared society accounts with all the same services.
All user and society accounts come with:
- website hosting with a rich variety of features
- access to a video conferencing platform (beta)
- email and mailing lists @srcf.net
- 2 GB of file or web space
- free lifelong email and website forwarding
- friendly and helpful sysadmins
...and much much more – see Services for more details.
All for free? Yes
Join the SRCF Create society account
Donate to the SRCF
The SRCF is funded largely by donations from its users, for which we are very grateful.
Find out more
Scheduled vulnerable period
To aid in security procedures, the SRCF has a potentially vulnerable period, between 2am and 3am on Sundays. During this time the sysadmins may reboot the server without much prior warning.
Message of the day
44) 20.04.2020 Scheduled maintenance: /home, /societies and /public will be read-only from 23:00 BST on Saturday 2020-04-25, for 2-4 hours, to allow us to move /public to a faster storage system. Keep an eye on https://status.srcf.net/ for updates. 45) 03.06.2020 Happy birthday to the SRCF: 21 today! 46) 03.06.2020 Our birthday present: a video conferencing system for Cambridge! Timeout is live at https://timeout.srcf.net - log in with Raven.