Welcome to the SRCF
The Student-Run Computing Facility (SRCF) exists as a university society to provide useful and flexible computing and network services, for University of Cambridge staff and students of all degrees of ability.
Individuals may join the SRCF as members, which provides user access to our servers. For any groups of people wanting to collaborate, we offer shared society accounts with all the same services.
All user and society accounts come with:
- website hosting with a rich variety of features
- email and mailing lists @srcf.net
- 2 GB of file or web space
- free lifelong email and website forwarding
- friendly and helpful sysadmins
...and much much more – see Services for more details.
All for free? Yes
Join the SRCF Create society account
Donate to the SRCF
The SRCF is funded largely by donations from its users, for which we are very grateful.
Find out more
Scheduled vulnerable period
To aid in security procedures, the SRCF has a potentially vulnerable period, between 2am and 3am on Sundays. During this time the sysadmins may reboot the server without much prior warning.
Message of the day
43) 24.03.2020 During the pandemic, the SRCF still expects to be able to run as normal. Our volunteers routinely work remotely. However in the rare event of a major fault requiring in-person maintenance it may take us a bit longer to fix things. Please bear with us and bookmark our service status site: https://status.srcf.net/ 41) 03.03.2020 Need a scarf in these trying times? https://www.srcf.net/scrf