Welcome to the SRCF
The Student-Run Computing Facility (SRCF) exists as a university society to provide useful and flexible computing and network services, for University of Cambridge staff and students of all degrees of ability.
Individuals may join the SRCF as members, which provides user access to our servers. For any groups of people wanting to collaborate, we offer shared group accounts with all the same services.
All user and group accounts come with:
- website hosting with a rich variety of features
- access to a video conferencing platform
- email and mailing lists @srcf.net
- 2 GB of file or web space
- free lifelong email and website forwarding
- friendly and helpful sysadmins
...and much much more – see Services for more details.
All for free? Yes
Join the SRCF Create group account
Need help or want to get started? Read the docs.
Donate to the SRCF
The SRCF is funded largely by donations from its users, for which we are very grateful. If you use the SRCF with a personal or group account, help us pay for our costs by donating as little as £5.
Find out more
Scheduled vulnerable period
To aid in security procedures, the SRCF has a potentially vulnerable period, between 2am and 3am on Sundays. During this time the sysadmins may reboot the server without much prior warning.
Message of the day
45) 03.06.2020 Happy birthday to the SRCF: 21 today! 46) 03.06.2020 Our birthday present: a video conferencing system for Cambridge! Timeout is live at https://timeout.srcf.net - Goose/Raven login. 47) 14.06.2020 Scheduled maintenance: /home and /societies will be read-only from 15:00 BST on Sunday 2020-06-28, for several hours, to allow us to complete the migration of user data to our new storage. More details and updates: https://status.srcf.net/